Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Window



In my gloomy house, 
Amidst the darkness spreading so vast, 
There lies a window, 
A link between now and past,

I see a shadow, 
Vanishing so fast, 
Into the woods, thick and thin, 
Holding back all the mystery within, 

The window is smoky, broken, and tinted, 
Tears of mine fall on it like rain, 
Colorful memories have stained it a lot, 
Some dark moments have left a dot, 

There are days when window is shining, 
Beams of sunshine make it reflect, 
Some days go by with dark clouds upon, 
Leaving the window to get infect, 

So when I look out of window what do I see? 
It’s just a shadow, a better version of me, 

So long have I waited for the shadow to return 
It has deep scars, not a hint of pain, 
Of my wrong choices and attempts in vain, 

The window is the only constant, 
In my transient life, 
Reminding me of things, hidden deep inside me, 
Accomplishments, Failures, Joys and Worries. 
Of what I have done, what it has made me!



2 comments: